500g of chicken (2 or 3 breasts)
4 – 6 slices of thick smoked bacon (2 per breast)
5 tbsp of Brybeque Sauce (Original, Hot or Brytroot)
3 tbsp of water
cheese, grater (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken breasts, and secure with a cocktail stick if necessary – if using the cheese, make a small pocket along the chicken breast, place in the cheese of your choice and wrap bacon around to seal.
- Sear the bacon wrapped chicken in a frying pan for 7-10 minutes on each side to crisp the bacon and to begin cooking the chicken.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the Brybeque Sauce and water.
- Pour the sauce mix evenly over the bacon wrapped chicken.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and bacon and sauce has caramelised.
- Serve with sweet potato wedges and corn, with new potatoes and salad, or with jacket potato and vegetables and with remaining sauce poured over the top.